Rossi .32

Bill DeShivs

Tomorrow I pick up my first .32 long revolver from the FFL.

I have always wanted. .32 long, but just never got around to buying one. That changed a couple of weeks ago when I found this one on an auction site.

This is not the usual "J" frame sized Rossi, but a pre-1968 gun that is very close to the old S&W "I" frame. Included is it's fitted case.

It will be interesting to see just how nice I can make this little gun!

reteach

I'm a .32 fan, too. Keep us posted.

A slightly smaller frame to match the cartridge sounds just right. I know that was s.o.p. in those days and I doubt any maker is going to do that again these days. It's great that you found one. Pictures please.

Congrats, Here is mine. Shoots like a target gun in Single action.

YxOJgsS.jpg

Bill DeShivs

Here it is. It's a rare model 28. Pictured alongside a 1980s S&W.
The little Rossi is a pre-1968 gun.

Attachments

• IMG_4709.JPG
    IMG_4709.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4710.JPG
    IMG_4710.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 82

Centurion

I saw Rossi guns from the late 70s or early 80s that were made much better than any Taurus ever, almost at S&W levels.

Bill DeShivs

Yes, three inch- but a much smaller gun than a J frame!
The grips are slightly shrunken and warped. I'll whip up a new set in a few days.

ms6852

It appears to be in great condition, congratulations! Dad has the same gun and won't sell it or trade it.

ViperR

I also have a .32 Long revolver. It's my reloadable .22
Except mine is an old Colt PPS from the 50's.
Quality from forged was the norm back when.

reteach

Oh, man, that makes my hands itch. I don't need another gun. [Please say it with me - "I don't need another gun."] But that looks like a lot of fun.

It seems in great shape. Other than grips, what else do you want to do with it?

smee78

I love me some 32Long. I have a few S&W and Ruger 32 cal revolvers and they are fine shooters. I reload the 32L and they are super fun to shoot and cheap to reload. Hope yours brings you alot of fun for years to come.