Rossi 22 pump....

Keg

I picked this lil thing up the other day....These are fun lil pumps....The G-son will probably end up with it....

Attachments

• IMG_0162.JPG
    IMG_0162.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 94

gyvel

That looks like an early one, which means you can't see daylight between the receiver tang and the bottom of the hammer. Nice!

Let us know how it shoots and functions, please.

Keg

gyvel....I don't know if this is an early one or later one....It has a very small fore end....I've had 2 of these things before and they had the larger fore end....

I looked and it is an early one... serial number in the 120,000 range....

Last edited:

FrankenMauser

Interesting. It's been a long time since I have seen one with the Winchester-style small fore-end.

The Gallery model is tons of fun. Kids (and "big kids") love them.

Danny Creasy

I had a Rossi back in the 80s but it had some worn parts and wouldn't feed very reliably. I sold it to a forewarned farm lady and she said it didn't matter as long as it would feed a round most of the time and enable her to kill rabbits eating her garden vegetables. I saw her a couple of years ago and she proclaimed that she is still shooting rabbits with it (that would be some 25 years or so).

I picked up this stainless Taurus Model 60 about a decade ago and it has never missed a lick. The only problem with this rifle is that you look down at the shooting bench and wonder where all your ammo went!

Taurus62-5.jpg

Danny Creasy

"Don't they have safeties?"

Yes, but a sillier contrivance I have rarely seen. The Winchester designed by John Browning of which these are a clone never needed one, and these modern ones didn't either.

Danny Creasy

The only safety on the Winchester and Rossi is the half cock notch of the hammer. The Taurus has the half cock notch plus, they added a little flat safety switch on the top of the bolt. I am sure Taurus felt the need to add the safety just like all the grand old exposed hammer lever guns here in the U.S. have had added such as the Winchester 94 and Marlin 39 (cross bolt buttons in their case).