Rosie defends gun position

Karanas

Rosie, Rosie, Rosie .... I knew you wouldn't let us down.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20000608/aponline154402_000.htm

Rosie O'Donnell Defends Gun Position

The Associated Press
Thursday, June 8, 2000; 3:44 p.m. EDT

NEW YORK –– Rosie O'Donnell, a staunch gun control advocate, is defending the concealed weapon permit her son's bodyguard applied for.

"Whether or not my family is in need of armed guards, that doesn't change my position on gun control," the talk show host told People magazine. "It's not inconsistent."

National Rifle Association officials and others have accused O'Donnell of hypocrisy since The Greenwich Time, her local paper in Connecticut, reported May 25 a bodyguard who will accompany her 5-year-old son to kindergarten has applied for a gun permit.

O'Donnell, the master of ceremonies at the recent Million Mom March pushing for tighter gun laws, says the bodyguard will not carry the gun to school. She told People in its issue out Friday that her son may change schools because of the hubbub.

She criticized Greenwich police for releasing information about the application and said officers shouldn't have come onto the school's property to search the bodyguard.

O'Donnell has said she and her three children need protection because of threats as a result of her outspoken stance on gun control. She moved recently from Nyack, N.Y., to a gated community in Greenwich, in part because of worries about safety.

© Copyright 2000 The Associated Press

AR BLACK

Gee, I wish I could afford my own personal bodyguard.
I wish I could afford to move to a "gated community".

BUT BECAUSE I CAN'T, LOOKS LIKE I'LL HAVE TO LOOKOUT FOR MY FAMILY ON MY OWN!

------------------
Blackie
NRA, GOA, ISRA

[This message has been edited by AR BLACK (edited June 09, 2000).]

Futo Inu

She learned that technique from Clinton: Just saying something enough times (in this case "It's not inconsistent [period]", without a shred of supporting logic, makes it true in the minds of the sheeple somehow.

GnL

I can see it now:

[imagine Rosie's finger wagging at the camera] "I did not have firearm relations with that bodyguard...whats his name."

DannyO

The police were wrong for searching the bodyguard on school grounds?
-Bodyguard applies for pistol permit.
-Bodyguard gets permit.
-Bodyguard is paid to protect kid.
-Kid goes to school.
-Bodyguard goes to school.
-Gun goes with bodyguard.

Where did the Police go wrong? Until ALL children are given protection at school then I don't see me making a special set of rules for Ms. Bigmouth.

------------------
"Some people spend an entire liftime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem."
Semper Fi

Monkeyleg

Well, sometimes things have to get a lot worse before they get better. Rosie's considering posing nude for Playboy. She's spent a ton of $$ on losing weight and on plastic surgery, and now wants to show off her new "beautiful" body.

Maybe this will go to the Supreme Court, and we'll finally have a legal definition of obscenity.

Dick

Battler

Monkeyleg, I hope you're making that up.

G*d bless Rosie, though - her hippocracy (sp) and buffoonery is working in our favor.

Battler.

Futo Inu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Monkeyleg:
Well, sometimes things have to get a lot worse before they get better. Rosie's considering posing nude for Playboy. She's spent a ton of $$ on losing weight and on plastic surgery, and now wants to show off her new "beautiful" body.

Maybe this will go to the Supreme Court, and we'll finally have a legal definition of obscenity.
[/quote]

LOL! I can hear the great Justices now, delivering the opinion of the court: "When it comes to obscenity, I know it when I see it, and Rosie O'Donnell violates the standard in a clear and convincing manner, even in the mostly-clothed shots. For goodness sakes, we have GOT to draw the line SOMEWHERE!"

Mike in VA

Rosie's 'considering' doing Playboy? (That's funny!!!) Has anyone asked Playboy? (It's a joke, right?) I always thought Playboy was pretty much into heterosexuality and fairly classy, as 'lifestyle' magazines go, never thought they'd get into beastiality. I mean, I'm only really interested in females of my own species.
M2

[This message has been edited by Mike in VA (edited June 13, 2000).]

Monkeyleg

BE VERY SCARED: Failed TV talker Roseanne is reportedly going to follow "Who Wants to Marry a Multimillionaire" star Darva Conger into the pages of Playboy. Yep, Roseanne's talking about taking off her clothes.

"I've never been as hot as I am now," she told The Washington Post, explaining that she's now a 47-year-old babe after all kinds of surgery. "I can't get enough of my new body."

Playboy hasn't confirmed anything, so there's still hope.

Appeared in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on June 13, 2000.

Dick

akira

I thought it was Rossanne Barr who was posing for Playboy.

How I know that, I have no idea.

I think Playboy hoping to sell copies under the assumption people will buy to see a car wreck. hehehe

[This message has been edited by akira (edited June 13, 2000).]

Craig

Roseanne, and Rosie (aka) "The Pig" in Playboy????? Is it going to be one of those two female going at it type things ? Or are they just going to spew more anti-gun crap in the editorial section.
Probably both.