Rome GA gunshow/retail shop: good # of milsurp rifles?

During a stay in the area, there might be time this weekend to drive from the airport area to visit.
Will consider going based on info about certain classic rifles at the show, or in a possible town retail shop which always features many examples (?).

It might be a two hour drive from southwest Atlanta, and the only objective is to look and collect a few business cards/phone numbers. A possible deal would not happen for two weeks.
Thanks for any type of info. Won't have any more days to check this area, and no other shows seem to take place this weekend, two hours from ATL airport.

Last edited:

jmr40

From the airport to the gunshow in Rome is not worth the trip. You're looking at 1 1/2 hours one way. Eastman puts on a lot of gunshows, usually about 1 a month somewhere in the northern half of Georgia. I live just outside Rome, and the one here is so bad I usually don't even bother going. I'll drive to the one in Gwinett county, Cobb County, or the one in Dalton from time to time. For some reason not many vendors show up at the one in Rome.

For the best selection of guns in the Atlanta area go to Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna. www.advout.com It is on the NW side of Atlanta, a lot closer than driving to Rome, and will have many more guns at better prices.

If you do come to Rome, Country Sportsman is located right on the Western end of town on Shorter Ave. going West toward Alabama. There will probably be more guns in their shop than at the gunshow.

jmr40: Thanks.

And so one of those shops features quite a number of milsurp rifles?

I've bought fifteen rifles since my first gun purchase in October '07 (then age 52), and now have eleven. Except for the two Minis, all were milsurps.

jmr40

I'm not really into Milsurp rifles so I'm not much help there. I know Adventure Oudoors carries some. Might want to call them and ask about their selection.

There are probably lots of places around Atlanta that carry them. You might want to start another thread specifically about places that sell Milsurp rifles near Atlanta. From the airport you would be closer to Macon than Rome, and not have to drive all the way through or around Atlanta. There may be better options on the south side between there and Macon if you ask.

Sorrry I couldn't be more helpful.