Roll the Dice?

B. Lahey

A terrible thought just occurred to me...

I ordered a few hundred rounds of panic-era Wolf black box 7.62x39 last night to restock my Kalashnikov plinking ammo.

Those factories have to be running like mad right now. Ulyanovsk has stopped putting sealant around the case-mouth, and that's the decent ammo factory. If they are skimping like that, what the heck is Tula doing right now?!?!

I'm having visions of some overworked Russian pulling a 24hr shift on the powder station. Dozing off now and then, maybe. Overworked inspectors letting a few shipping containers out the door while they go get something to eat...

So how hard is it to blow up an AK? If Pyotr accidently hit the "fill case to overflowing" lever and nobody caught it, would I end up with a dustcover lodged in my mellon?

I may have to hang back and shoot the rest of my Silver Bear and let someone else be the guinea pig. I know a bunch of dudes from arfcom got some of the same stuff from Midway yesterday.

Would you shoot the PanicWolf?

Scorch

It's all loaded on automated loading equipment. If one is overloaded, they will all be overloaded.

Of course, there is the chance that none of them are charged with powder. It's probably a conspiracy to deactivate all the firearms in the USA, one gun at a time.:eek:

Dobe

Actually, I've seen an overload from a Camdex(Spl?), which resulted in blown grips and an automatic magazine ejection from a 1911. No other ammo showed any signs of an overlaod. But most likely, errors are in Lots. So yes, it is possible.

B. Lahey

If one is overloaded, they will all be overloaded.

Yeah, probably.

I'll wait and watch for reports of nuked rifles. If nobody eats a dustcover sandwich, I'll probably call it "safe enough".:)