Roll Crimping Tumble Lube Bullets

QBall45

I'm looking to order a mould to cast 357/38. I've been happy with Lee's Micro Band Tumble Lube mould that I have for my 45.

I am wondering about roll crimping this type of bullet design. I know that many bullets are designed with a crimp groove. How does it work with the Micro Band design? There is really no "crimp" groove.

DavidAGO

I cast and load the 148 gr wadcutter tumble lube and the 158 gr SWC tumble lube. I have started crimping with a fairly light crimp in the topmost groove. In the case of the wadcutter, that means about 2 mm of the bullet is above the crimp, it is not flush with the top of the case. Shoots very nicely. Obviously, check the OAL with your load.

DavidAGO

res45

The crimp grooves for the Lee TL 38/357 SWC is right under the front driving band thats where I crimp mine. Shoots very accurately in my Ruger BH.

If your 38/357 pistol case are different lengths and your roll crimping you might have a problem hitting that groove exactly each time.

QBall45

Thanks guys.
Now I just have to make up my mind & decide which bullet weight/design I want. Whichever it ends up it will be one of the tumble lube designs.

res45

Here is some I cast,you can see how they look.
Picture028.jpg