Rohrbaugh Firearms

Barn Dog

Does anyone have any info on these guys? They were supposed to be making a new 9mm micro steel semi-auto about the size of a Keltec P32 or Seecamp but I do not see a homepage and have not cost info or when it might be released. Heard they were a real hit at the SHOT show but can't find out squat about them.

riddleofsteel

ROHRBAUGH FIREARMS - Every year I try to pick a gun that I think is THE gun of the show. It has been the SIG Trailside and Walther P22 in past years. This year it is the Rohrbaugh 9mm. Even with the Kahr PM9, this pistol still wins. This pistol has been in the works for 4 years. The photo is of a pre-production prototype. It is not much larger than a NAA Guardian .32 and only weighs 14 ounces. The alloy frame contributes to the light weight. Think of a gun a bit larger than a KelTec P32 and twice as heavy, BUT it shoots a 9mm. The pen is in the picture for a size comparison. It holds 6 rounds in the mag plus one in the chamber. The barrel is built by Shilen. The locked breech is similar to the CZ series. All the parts of the gun, with the exception of the springs and mag body, are machined forgings. No stampings, MIM, or cast parts are used. The way this pistol was designed must be seen to be believed. When the designer need to know how to make the striker reliable with CCI primers, he built a number of striker assemblies of different sizes and chose the one that worked the best. There is a built in magnetic trigger lock and the pistol comes with two of the rings to disengage the lock. The company also happens to have an in house jeweler who can install the magnetic rings in a person’s class ring or other ring. The locking system can be deleted and the price drops $100 as a result. They also plan on offering versions of this pistol in .40, .357, .45 ACP, and they will each be scaled up for the individual cartridge. Availability is anticipated sometime this summer.
9mm.JPG

NapAttack

riddleofsteel, now you've done it!:mad:

You've just added another pistol to my list that I absolutely have to have!:D

I think I'd like to have one in .357, but I'd have to handle and shoot it first. Control might be a problem with a pistol that size.

Jeff OTMG

I didn't know what the price would be, but I did know that the deletion of the lock would save $100. I have no further info beyond what is in the report, but I will be calling the company in June or July to get an update. Massad Ayoob is suppose to get one in July for testing to write an article. I hope to have the info before he publishes.

Eric Larsen

OOOhhhh AAAAhhhhh....Hmmmmmm What a pocket gun!
I have to agree...this could be my next pocket gun depending on cost and availbility.....nice pic..thanks.

Question...if Ayoob is getting one in July....does that mean its for the July issue? I ask because if thats the case, doesnt the July issue come out in May...like other mags? We could have an article already. LOL

Shoot well

Rammer

More more more....

MORE INFO PLEASE!!!:p

Just wondering: what was the width of this little pistol?

Is that the only finish they plan to offer or are they going to offer other finishes? (like maybe blued or something that doesn't look so much like a pimp gun)

Do they have a website? Is there anywhere else on the web that we can find more info?

Thanks.

Correia

I handled that gun at SHOT. I believe the price was going to be $600-$700. I can't tell you what the width was, but it was really really slim. :)

I spoke with Mr. Rohrbaugh for quite a while, you could tell that he was super proud of his invention. For example, he showed me the trigger mechanism, he said that he wanted something better than your standard small gun, but still 100% reliable ignition. So he built 7 different trigger assemblies, and kept the one that worked the best.

Dr. Beretta stopped by the booth, and after fondling the prototype for a while told the owner that it was the best new gun he had seen at the show.

I've still got the literature from the show, if somebody is interested I could probably find their phone number/e-mail address. PM me if you want it.

Barn Dog

Well there goes another 6-7 hundred, might have to sell something to get this one. It is for sure on my acquisition list. Correia, please post dimensions, phone number/e-mail address if you have them and Mr. Rohrbaugh does not mind. Thanks for the input guys.

Correia

Sorry for the late reply.

From SHOT show literature:

Model-9mm R-9
Caliber 9mm
Barrel 2.7 in.
Overall Length 4.9 in.
Overall Height 3.6 in.
Weight 14 oz.
Mag Capacity 6 rounds

API
PO Box 785
Bayport NY 11705

(631) 363-2843
(631) 363-2681

e-mail: api380@aol.com

Jeff OTMG

Eric, Mas was suppose to receive the gun in July. The article would be published in a fall issue, possibly as early as October.

Onslaught

Hmmm.... I've got $500 all ready to buy a Kahr PM9 when they come out this month or next... BUT, with a little patience, I could save up a couple hundred more.... Now THAT would be a pistol to replace my Kel-Tec P32 (except price of course).

Onslaught

You guys know how much I like making comparison tables in my spare time... (yes, I'm Obsessive Compulsive ;) )

Attachments

• mouse-specs.doc
    43 KB · Views: 171

sox

Looks way cheesy, gimme a Kahr PM9 anyday! But, I am gonna try and hold out for a single stack Glock 26. I would really like to see what the little Steyr "xs" looks like. I understand it is about 6x4" 9mm and superthin.

Blackhawk

Cute website. Too bad they haven't finished it.
They've barely started it! At least they've got a domain name and a host set up. It will be a URL to watch as they get closer to releasing their pistol.

Futo Inu

Now that's an ankle gun!

9x19 - definitely on my wish list, near the top. Does anyone know if Rorhbaugh used the DAO hammer spring to help slow the slide recoil, along with the recoil spring, like the Kel-Tecs? If not, how could they make them this small?

Good belly band/tuckable gun, too. Melikes. :)