Rock River Arms Question?

TPAW

I'm looking to by an AR .223/5.56 from Rock River Arms. I'm looking for one that's standard like the M-16 but with the removable handle. I'll be using it to punch paper. Which one would you recommend? Comments please. Thank you.

Dfariswheel

My buddy who is NO slouch, bought a Rock River National Match rifle in the early Summer.
When I say "no slouch" I mean he used to go to Camp Perry every year, and one year made The President's 100.

Last week, he showed me some groups from his experimental loads.
With 52 grain bullets and Accurate powder he was getting 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards.
This was with a scope, and he claims he's just not used to the rifle yet, nor are his loads "there" yet.

He's working up 80 grain loads for 600 yards, and the rifle is shooting some astounding groups for a couple of guys who were used to the M1 and M1A NM rifles.

He's having the detachable handle's sights reworked to 1/4" MOA clicks, and having the sight pinned.

The trigger is astounding.
As far as I know, Rock Rive is the only maker who guarantees a specific accuracy.
After taking a good look at the rifle and how it's shooting, I'd very much recommend the RRA.

DIXIEDOG

As far as I know, Rock Rive is the only maker who guarantees a specific accuracy.

Les Baer guarantees 1/2" MOA

Copied from their site

"The fit, finish and performance of this precision rifle will please any lover of fine rifles, and the superior accuracy will put it in a class with many bolt guns. With a guaranteed 1/2" M.O.A. and a price well below the $3000-plus you might expect to pay for such an extraordinary piece of equipment, the Les Baer Super Varmint model is almost sure to change the whole AR market. In addition to hunting, the Les Baer Ultimate AR .223 Super Varmint Model is also an excellent choice for SWAT units and other law enforcement teams requiring absolute accuracy."

dgludwig

With a guaranteed 1/2" M.O.A. and a price well below the $3000

For that price you could buy two Rock River National Match rifles and have change left over. Of course you would have to settle for guarantees of MOAs as large as 3/4"...