Rock island m 200

FM12

Just got my m200 revo back from my s-I-law. What to expect? Seems pretty tight, trigger pulls are pretty smooth while dry firing, finish is rough but consistant, looks like some fair Parkerizing. I have several workable "K" frame holsters and am pretty excited to get out this weeekend and wring it out!

Whadda yll say?

CajunBass

I bought one not too long ago. I thought it was pretty decent for what it was. With used Model 10's pushing up toward 450-500 it's a decent alternative. The one I had had a great trigger, and shot just fine.

I didn't keep it long. Got the answers to the questions I had about it, and sold it for what I had in it.

I did have to take a pocket knife and scrape some flashing off the grips, but that's no big deal.

Enjoy it.

tallball

I handled a used one at a gun show that seemed well made and had a decent trigger.

If I had needed a 38 that day I would have bought it. When my friend came back ten minutes later to look at it, it was already gone.

silvermane_1

I bought one not too long ago. I thought it was pretty decent for what it was. With used Model 10's pushing up toward 450-500 it's a decent alternative. The one I had had a great trigger, and shot just fine.

I didn't keep it long. Got the answers to the questions I had about it, and sold it for what I had in it.

I did have to take a pocket knife and scrape some flashing off the grips, but that's no big deal.

Enjoy it.
Interesting there CajunBass, a buddy mine had a Armscor version and said it was a POS.

Silvermane 1 said:
Interesting there CajunBass, a buddy mine had a Armscor version and said it was a POS.
I have known about these little revolvers for more than ten years, and I do believe this is the very first negative comment I have ever encountered about them (other than the usual clap-trap from people who have never seen one in person but dismiss them because they aren't made in the USA). Mine is definitely not a POS.

silvermane_1

I have known about these little revolvers for more than ten years, and I do believe this is the very first negative comment I have ever encountered about them (other than the usual clap-trap from people who have never seen one in person but dismiss them because they aren't made in the USA). Mine is definitely not a POS.
Well my buddy had one of them and it literally shot it self loose with his powderpuff handloads and factory ammo.

buck460XVR

My LGS had a coupla of them for a while......They had both RIA and Armscor markings on them. I don't think there were two different versions. The clerk told me they have been made for about 40 years.

The LGS was selling them for $250 + tax, so about $264 OTD. My expectations were low, for a centerfire revolver in this price range, but I was surprised at the trigger, lock-up and cylinder release operation.

It ain't gonna win a beauty contest that's for sure, but it seemed to be well enough made for it's price point. Seems it would be a great truck gun even if accuracy was only mediocre.

My LGS had a coupla of them for a while......They had both RIA and Armscor markings on them. I don't think there were two different versions. The clerk told me they have been made for about 40 years.

Since 1987, in fact. 33 years. Prior to that, Armscor made a 100 series of revolvers that were externally similar but which used a different lockwork design (apparently copied from Colt's DA lockwork). They started making the 100 series in the 1970s, and IMHO a gun shop clerk could be forgiven for not knowing that a then-obscure Philippines gun maker changed the design of their revolvers 33 years ago.