Rock Island 1911

gumshoe4

Anyone tried one of these?

The gun store had these for $389 in the box. They look pretty solid and appear to interchange with other 1911s. I almost bought one.

RANash

I believe these are made by Armscor of the Phillipines, the same company that makes Charles Daly. Quality of the CDs is spotty. If you're lucky, you get a great basic gun for a small amount of money. If you're not, you get an education. :D

Jason Demond

You would be better served by a Springfield armory loaded model.
I saw a used one not to long ago for 400.00 and snaped it up.:D

1000th post :)

RANash

Vega,

I take it you've had a good experience with yours? Do you have a CD or the Rock Island brand?

I will admit that I haven't any personal experience with CDs, just echoing what I've gathered from people who have had them and posted their experiences over on 1911forum.com. There is a CD forum there.

You might want to check that out, Gumshoe. The link is
www.1911forum.com .

vega

RANash,
Got a CD in 9mm. I'm a member of 1911forum thanks for the link anyways. Some members do have problem/s with their CD just like any other brand. ;)

vega

Jim V

Vega, I think the link to the 1911 Forum was for Gumshoe. :)

Anyway, iff'n you non- 1911Forum members have 1911 questions drop in. Link supplied below. We are a friendly bunch, kinda anyway.

vega

Correction please...

Rock Island Armory is not made by Armscor. It is assembled by Twin Pines, a local gun dealer here in PR. Parts came from Brazil and US. The agent I talked with couldn't give me the exact data which part came from where. She doesn't even know the name of company in Brazil. But the parts from US is John Masen. It comes in .38 sup and .45 cal. Price range is $290 - $330. They apologize for giving me the wrong info when I first asked it. Now it's my turn to apologize. :eek: I don't think its enough reason for me to commit seppuku.:D

vega