Rock Island 1911

UtahHunting

After reading about the RIA 1911 for the past 3 years I finally pulled the trigger on one today. It does have some use on it but I got it for $300 which I thought was a great deal. I haven't shot it yet but everything appears to be in working order. I still think the RIA is the best budget 1911 out there based on everything I have read.

PA210227.jpg

gyvel

I purchased a couple of Philippine made frames (same manufacturer as Rock Island) from Sarco a few months back, and had absolutely NO trouble completing them with assorted GI and commercial parts. All the parts dropped in with no fitting required and the guns have functioned flawlessly for several hundred rounds each now.

oldone

Good deal. Congrats. Mine is a 1911A2 HiCap model and looks just like your's, same grips even. You'll enjoy it.

franco45

Good deal. I just got back from shooting my new RIA Tactical. I am very impressed with the gun. It is my first 1911. 200 rounds of fmj with no problems.

ksblazer

Congrats of the purchase. I have a RI compact tactical & an A1 model. There both have been reliable and shoot straight. Great pistols for the $$.

David the Gnome

I have owned (and loved) 3 Rock Island Armory 1911's now. The only way I could be any more pleased with RIA is if they tooled up and started offering stainless guns. If they did that I probably wouldn't buy a 1911 from anyone else.