Rimfire/Centerfire Pairs

predecessor

One of my favorite things to do is practice with a .22 LR pistol that is exactly the same (or pretty darn close) to a centerfire counterpart. That way I'm using the same weight, grip, trigger, and manual of arms, but spending far less money to shoot it :cool:

As far as semi's go, conversion kits are certainly a viable option but there's something very cool to me about having two of the same guns in a rimfire/centerfire pair. Here's a few of mine...

Beretta 87 Cheetah & 85BB
BerettaCaliberCombo-1.jpg

Astra Constable II & Constable

AstraCaliberCombo-1.jpg

Walther PK-380 & P-22
WaltherCaliberCombo.jpg

USFA 12/22 & Cowboy Convertible
USFACaliberCombo.jpg

Anybody else out there with a similar fetish?

rantingredneck

I don't have quite the fetish you do with it, but I do like having my .22LR SP101 to go with the other 3.

DSC00114.jpg

The 4" is a .22LR. The other 3 are all .357's.

Brian48

I have the P22 + PK380 combo, but normally I would care about matching pairs. It so happens I like each gun on it's own individual basis.

predecessor

but I do like having my .22LR SP101

I hear ya rantingredneck. I've got a SP-101 .22 LR on my wish list to eventually keep SP-101 in 9MM para company.

BTW, love the wood grip insets on your Rugers!

rantingredneck

Thanks,

The two cocobolo sets and the quilted maple set came from "41Magnum" over at rugerforum.net. The lignum vitae set (green) came from "Tim's Workshop". Good stuff all.

The two in the middle are actually my wife's guns. The 3" is her house gun and the 2.25" is her car gun.

JT-AR-MG42

Don't forget Colt revolvers

These two are not a visual pair, but the weight is within an ounce. The actions are almost identical as well.
.357 python and a .22LR Officers Model Match.
50pair1.jpg

Or with identical models like this trio of Officers Model Match pistols. Top is a .38, bottom is the .22LR again, with a .22 Magnum in the center.

50somm1.jpg

With the cost of .22 magnum, I practice with my reloads in the .38 first!

JT

Bulldawg55

They feel the same. The sight picture is different though! If I want target sights on the 45 I go to my Kimber Eclipse Target II. :D
IMG_0583.jpg

Mike1957

I didn`t delibrately start out to get the same guns (or nearly the same guns) in both rimfire and centerfire. It just something that gradually took shape over 35 years of gun accumulating. And over the years the accumulation has turned into several fairly respectable collections in spite of myself.
A few samples below.

Colt Diamondbacks. A 6" 22 and a 4" .38. Plus a Python to go with them.

diamondback22-1.jpg

coltdiamond38-1.jpg

coltpython-1.jpg

Three Colt Official Police revolvers. .22LR, 38 Special, and 32-20.

coltofficalpolice22-1.jpg

coltofficialpolice38-1.jpg

coltoffial32-20-1.jpg