Rifle sight help

Coop de Ville

Hoping one of you could give a newbie some advice. My 870 Police Magnum is equiped with rifle sights which I real like. The problem is that in low light or w/out my specs on, the white dot on the front sight is hard to pick up. I thought about hitting it with some paint, but think that white is as
bright as any other colour. I recently came across Truglo website and they have a fiber optic sight that looks like it slides into the front rifle sight. The front sight is a 2-piece unit (I think)? So, I've seen FO sights in the day and they glow like crazy. How do they perform in low light environs? Any info or suggestions would be great. I am also flat out broke, so cost is the only issue right now.

Regards -Coop

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
A $2 bottle of Testor's enamel in Bright Yellow may help, I've used it on plenty of sights and it does pick them out better than white for me. And it's cheap enough that if it doesn't work for you, little lost.

Only prob with FOs is they tend to be delicate. This may be overcome in the newest models.

FOs also require some light to work. I used to knock off bowhunting when my sight pins stopped glowing, knowing there wasn't enough light for a clean and humane shot.