Rifle Ranges Near Athens, Georgia?

whitebb

Charles Elliot wildlife management area. Outside of Madison Ga. 45 miles from Snellville, 15-20 from Social Circle.

Mike3030

Outside Lexington

There is a range, I'm not sure of the name, about a mile east of Lexington on Hwy 78. It may be called Night Vision, at least that is on the sign. The # on the sign is 706-743-3053. Hope this helps you out...

Grin Reaper

Sort of a long way off, but in November (3-4) there will be an Appleseed Shoot just outside of Toccoa. The bulk of the shooting is done at 25m. This is an ideal envronment to shoot with, then compare your score on the AQT (Army Qualification Test) with the guy next to you. Not exactly competition, but close enough.

This event teaches you to shoot from the 3 "field positions" - standing/offhand, sitting (or kneeling), and prone. No bench-potatoes at Appleseeds (no bipods use, either)! I've shot at 3 Appleseeds and learned something new at each one.

pm me if you need more details

nobius

Elbert County Gun Club

Rifle and pistol range require membership or if you are just wanting to go try it out PM me and be my guest.

Skeet, Trap, and Sporting Clays are open to the public on weekends.

Indy_Guy_77

Charles Elliot wildlife refuge/center has a decent rage. It's pretty short, however. If you're looking for anything over 100 yards, you'll have to find another place.

Their handgun range is pretty nice, though!

I don't remember there being a RO there, either...