Rifle Primers

nhyrum

I imagine it's due, at least in part, to companies being short staffed to abide by state regulations at this time. That and the people that think that during a pandemic and shortage is the time to buy whatever you can get your hands on. Everywhere is out. Welcome to the club. I can't even find large rifle magnum match.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

After you live through a "shortage" or two, you will invest a few peso on creating a stock of supplies. Its discouraging to search endlessly for components and when they are available, vendors sometime limit purchases so more buyers can get in on the deal. Some scallywags will jack the prices knowing demand is high and frantic customers will overlook that poke in the rear end just to get what they need. Midwayusa.com will notify you when large rifle primers are on their shelf. Ya have to create an account and then request notification. And you have to be ready to jump when the notification hits your inbox.

Deltadart

I always buy primers by the 1000, but with all the restrictions imposed by the governor of Washington State I did not go out too much in the past couple of months due to the virus. Now as some of those mandates have loosened we are more active. Our favorite sporting goods store went out of business after 74 years closing both operations, then I began to search for primers. The people that hoard had cleaned the shelves off and those have not been replenished. I will still get to shoot as I have an adequate amount of black powder and substitutes, casting lead, and I can use 209 primers with the mag spark on my muzzleloaders, or make them with the old Tap O Cap device. It is just one more frustration.

BJung

This might be too late but my suggestion is to phone every sport and gun shop that might have primers and see if they have 1-2 small boxes on the shelf. I drove to two nearby stores and cleaned off the shelf with primers I needed. Second, find the supplies that go to your gun show. Third, find clubs with Reloaders that might sell you a small box. Some old timer might sell you a box. Have you looked at Craigslist? Maybe a person selling their press.. will have components.

Deltadart

Checked with several sporting goods in the area. Nothing available at this time. I suppose some folks have the primers stacked up beside their toilet paper stash. Sooner or later it will come back to normal.

2ndtimer

A shame that the White Elephant shut down. You might try checking one of the Sportsman Warehouses in your area. In the past 4 months, I have been able to purchase 5 thousand small pistol primers, 2 thousand small rifle primers and a thousand large rifle magnum primers at the Kennewick SW. All for less than $30 per thousand. They show up sporadically in fairly small quantities and sell out quickly. You just need to keep checking and eventually you might get lucky.

Deltadart

I have checked Sportsmans and Cabelas. Silly that primers are being made by the millions in Lewiston 90 miles away and we have none. Thanks for the tip I will just keep trying.

nhyrum

Just gotta check often. Try finding out when they get their truck in and be "one of those guys they takes them from the person putting them on the shelf. I know around here, they're all behind the counter now, so you gotta ask

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk