Rifle Information Request

Billy Sparks

Today I went out to my local gun store and there was a poor old .22 rifle sitting there neglected so I took it home. Now I am trying to find some information about it and I am hitting a dead end. It is a Mossburg, 250CA .22 semi-auto rifle. I did a couple of web searches without success. Anybody that can shed some light on this critter I would appreciate it.

dfaugh

A little Help

but maybe not much. When I was growing up, my best friend had one similar to what you describe (like the one for sale, but magazine fed). This would've been late '60s, and his father had purchased it (new) some years prior, so it was probably made in the '50s or early '60s. Mossberg made a variety of .22s in this time period (I had one of the original "Plinksters" which had a synthetic thumbhole stock and fed through the rear of the stock. Wish I still had it, as I've never seen another for sale).

Although they were good, reliable guns, the Mossberg .22s were never very popular, so you don't see very many around. Probably why information is scarce.