Rifle by E.R. Shaw?

mpd61

I see they are using Savage action with choices of stocks and many various calibers. I did a search and found nothing but info about the barrels.
Has anybody got one of these and/or seen shot one yet?
:confused:

Scorch

Field & Stream did an article on the ER Shaw Mark VII about a year ago. They were pretty tickled about it. It still looks like a Savage.

taylorce1

All right here is my experience with ER Shaw Mark VII rifle. I was considering building a .338-06 stainless steel synthetic stocked, so I contacted Shaw about the rifle because I had read an article in some hunting rag about them and the 6.5-06. What I was wanting to build was a nice all weather elk hunting rifle, that I could take to SE Alaska to hunt bear with as well.

Price was pretty reasonable, but still about $700 more than I could buy an off the shelf M700 XCR in .30-06. I asked a few more questions and when I felt that they were all answered reasonably, I asked how long till my rifle was finished and how much deposit was needed? The answer I got was 12-18 months to build the rifle 100% of the cost up front. Well I'm not going to pay all my money up front and wait for a builder to deliver me a rifle a year plus down the road, so I passed.

When I do go that route of building another custom rifle in SS in .338-06 I'll either look out an SS action in either M70 or M700 or their clones to build on. Because when it is all said and done even though it is accurate it is still a Savage. Don't get me wrong I like Savage rifles and how they shoot, but they just can't come together in a custom like a Win or Rem action can.

GeauxTide

I've had two Mark X Actions barreled by Shaw. One in 6.5-06 and 280 Rem. They both shoot cloverleaf 3/4" groups all day long. Outstanding value for the price. I inquired about purchasing a 260 LH from them; however, you pay full price up front. Current waiting period is more than 90 days. Deal breaker for me.

73-Captain

E. R. Shaw

Go to www.ERShawBarrels.Com...

Click on "Custom Barrels".

Then "click" where it says to "click for Mk VII..."

This will bring up their 8 page catalog for their Mk VII rifles.

Last year I think "Handloader" Magazine (or "Rifle" Magazine) had an article on the Shaw Mk VII in 6.5-06.

C.

Last edited: