Ridgeback Racks - Custom firearm storage racks

kayakersteve

Are any of you guys using these? I had him make mine custom for my AR-15 and it is really nice - Allows you to safely display a firearm, yet maintain fairly rapid access to it. At night, I take the trigger lock off for even faster access. This is my Youtube link that shows it a little better. He makes thes for any gun by pictures you send him. Really high quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiU6I_b2ie0

SmokeJ

Ridgeback Racks - great solution

Just saw this older post - thought I'd join in.

I just had two racks made by Ridgeback. I don't know if I'm more impressed with the company or with the racks themselves. I had two racks made at the same time so I could get them keyed the same. The two guns are displayed together, so it made sense. Jeremy and his team at Ridgeback provided great communication and even guidance on how to put this combination together. When I was going to be out of town, they even coordinated the shipping to arrive the day I returned so they wouldn't be sitting on my porch.

My application was a bit unusual and this was the perfect solution. I'm hanging a Marlin 30-30 Lever Action along with a Ruger Single Action revolver. I wanted a wall mount as these are part of a display, but they had to be totally secure and still be accessed as they get a lot of use. I wanted something that wouldn't detract from the appearance of these two guns. The Ridgebacks fit these needs exactly.

They're extremely solid and secure. When teh guns are mounted, the racks really just look like a shadow behind the guns. Note that this isn't a home-defense solution - they take a minute to unlock the gun, which you'll see on YouTube or their website. Compared to locking these guns away where they wouldn't be seen though, combined with the excellent security solution these racks provide make this a great so;ution. I'm extremely satisfied.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

kayakersteve

@Smoke - Good response. My only thing I might add is that they can be good for home defense in certain situations. I leave gun locked up all day, but at night I unlock and leave on the rack. If needed, I can simply grab it off the rack - No wasted time at all. It sits very nicely on the rack even when unlocked. Hopefully more people will check out Jeremy's company and excellent customer support as it is not very common these days to get this kind of product and service.