• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Rich L. I've tried everything

monkeywithfire

I just tried everything suggested. I typed up a nice reply in the test area and it happend again? Poof it's gone!

What's up with the busted cookies? This is the only site on the whole planet that REQUIRES me to delete cookies that come FROM the site.

I tried to post this in the test area.

-monkey

Blackhawk

What hardware are you using?

What ISP?

What browser?

What operating system?

Have you restored your browser defaults?

Have you cleaned up your computer with scandisk, defrag, etc.?

Nobody else seems to have the problems you're having, so obviously you haven't "tried everything."

Kat

check your options under User CP...

Suggestion, go check your setting and make sure both of the following are set to "yes"....

Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)

Browse board with cookies?

I had similar problems (can't post first message when I returned to site), until I changed the settings to "Yes" on both.

monkeywithfire

others do have the same problem

BlackHawk

If this wasn't a problem why is there a troubleshooting section regarding busted cookie removal on this web site? Here we go again testing testing

Monkey-
It's not that I'm unsympathetic. It's just that I don't have an answer for you.

Respond to the hardware/software queries above and maybe we can help.

Are there other sites that use vBulletin where you don't have the problem?
GlockTalk?
1911Forums?

Are you on AOL?
Rich

Monkey,

No website can be all things to all users.

There are too many versions of too many web browers in circulation. AOHell's browser has been a constant problem for many websites, not just this one.

Firewalls and other security features have also been another annoyance.

Finally is the individual user's configuration, and possibly other resident programs the user is running.

Finally, ISPs themselves can be the cause of some problems.

The troubleshooting section is here for that purpose, helping people through some of the issues that they face.

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that this site presents to every one flawlessly.

That's simply not realistic.

You really need to start sharing information on your PC's set up if you want resolution. If it were a global problem, we'd all be having it consistently.

Since we're not...