RIA xt22 1911 in 22lr

TennJed

Anyone have any personal experience with the Rock Island 1911 in .22lr (XT22)? I believe it is a true steel 1911 in .22lr. Curious to know how it compares with a a true 1911 (takedown, interenals, ect). Is it ammo picky? good build quality? Ect?

Thanks

raftman

I kinda wonder why these aren't more popular. Sure they cost a bit more than the other .22 1911 replicas, but then again, they feature all-steel construction instead of zamak or aluminum, better barrels, better triggers, and the slide/barrel assembly will interchange with a .45acp slide/barrel assembly, and all from a manufacturer that is generally well-liked. Maybe they're just inadequately promoted?

SVO

These seem to be hard to find. I've been looking for about a year for one and no joy to date. LGS haven't been able to get one either. I would have hopes that they would be similar to the Colt Ace.

SVO said:
These seem to be hard to find. I've been looking for about a year for one and no joy to date. LGS haven't been able to get one either. I would have hopes that they would be similar to the Colt Ace.
Have you seen one ... or even a photo? It's nothing like a Colt Ace. The Armscor XT22 has the entire top of the slide machined away from the rear of the ejection port forward. It's like a Beretta 92 with even the front sight band milled off. The front sight is attached to the barrel, not to the slide.

It's a solid pistol, but it's more than a bit strange. It just doesn't look or feel like a 1911 to me.