RIA/Citadel 3" compact 1911's???

David the Gnome

Mine is a great shooter. It used to be my primary winter carry gun before I got my LDA Para.

riagrips01.jpg

skoro

I bought a RIA 1911 compact last year and have been very pleased with it. A few minor break-in issues that were quickly resolved and it's been flawless since. I think your wife will need to leave a lot of stuff out of her purse to carry one, though. They're definitely not lightweights.

mavracer

I have the High Standard version (still Armscor) I love it. It's fed everything and is way more accurate than a $400 compact 1911 has a right to be.here it is with my other go to IWB gun SP101.
SANY0107.jpg

doctruptwn

I love mine too. I assume your wife has handled a 1911. They are a bit on the heavy side. If she's OK with that then go for it. If she has any problems they have outstanding customer service.

BamaBowtie

Thanks for the info guys. Yes, my wife has experience with 1911's, she is quite fond of my full size but she's not getting it! LoL She also really enjoyed the little Llama mini max I had a few years ago. I'm going to start looking for the best price locally before I resort to Bud's. Any advice on a decent but afordable SOB holster for it? That is the method she wants to try first.

doctruptwn

Also check with Bellshire's Hardware. They can be found on gunbroker.com they are usually the cheapest and they welcome phone calls if they don't have any listed, they may have them in stock.