Rhino made in Italy by KIMAR

DiscoRacing

Got a chance to fire one of these yesterday. Ive never even heard of one before until we seen a guy carrying one. We shot a cylinder, each one of us, and its really nice shooting. Seems very accurate for barrel length and recoil was minimal,(less than any other .357 that I have shot with that short of barrel.) Just wanted to put this out there to others who may not have seen one before either.

Rhino_Revolver_Black_2-inch_Barrel_Chiappa_Firearms_1.jpg

kadima

That one and the MATEBA are the proof that we Italians when we decide to design a new revolver tend to go crazy....

K.

dnovo

I've had one for several months. It is a very nice shooter, and no, it has nothing in common with the late, unlamented Mateba. Dave

NRAhab

I shot the Rhino at SHOT Show Media Day, and I was impressed by the gun's handling. My main concern, being an IDPA shooter is how well will this gun hold up after 20,000 rounds of ammo? The internal lockwork seems a lot more complicated than an S&W or Ruger, and like others I wonder how well that will hold up under rigorous shooting.

dnovo

I don't think it is intended for competition shooting and would guess it, like a Ruger LCR or the Smith poly frame snubbie would roll over and play dead long before you hit that round count. Horses for Courses. It is intended for CCW. I am sure it will be just fine for that. Dave

DiscoRacing

I would actually consider getting one like this... never seen one like it before...Its not like a person could mistake it for another brand.

Rhino6pollici-1.jpg

Venom1956

god. I have a love hate thing with this gun... I can't decide if its so ugly its cool or just ugly. I would like to handle one tho. I also like the Hex style cylinder. its sorta neat.

armoredman

Just wondering when Hollywood is going to use that 6 inch stainless model in an action flick sometime...too oddball looking not too.

spacecoast

There's an eval in the latest Gun Digest, pretty positive review pointing out the lack of recoil with .357. I like the hammer spur angle, difficult to snag but still feasible for SA.

Weight on the 2" is about 24 oz. according to their web site, kinda heavy compared to an Airweight or LCR.

Jamie B

The complexity of the lockwork is very disturbing.

Complexity usually does not ensure reliability, and increases cost.

I'll pass.

KyJim

I would actually consider getting one like this... never seen one like it before...Its not like a person could mistake it for another brand.
No, but they might mistake it for a keyhole saw. :)

I'm also not sure if I love it or hate it. Kudos for the designer, though, for thinking outside the box.

Jim March

Same designer as the Mateba, different company.

The guy who designed both died recently...probably of "complications".

pelo801

hey Dnovo, if you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for yours? i have seen an msrp of about $800. i am wondering what it actually is selling for. thanks.

DiscoRacing

The guy here whos gun we shot said it was nearly $800 by the time he paid tax/title/license..etc...etc...

They do shoot excellent.