Revolving rifle?

SilentHitz

Anyone remember who manufactured a .357 revolving rifle? I would like to find one...if they haven't gotten outrageous on the prices.

Not the Colt, I already know they cost big bucks. Was trying to remember who made a modern version.

Crosshair

I know what you are talking about. Some place in Europe makes a 22 revolving rifle and a .357 revolving rifle. The only problem with the .357 is that it had a 10" barrel, making it an SBR in the US. I think I have it bookmarked someplace. I'll get back to you if I find it. (My bookmark file is LARGE.) I have no idea if either is imported into the US.

KDM

Wow...after searching for a "revolving rifle" instead of a revolver carbine, there is a huge difference. Never even knew those existed. Much cooler than a revolver carbine. Be cool to see one made in 500 S&W.

USMCGrunt

I have one of the Uberti 1875 Remington revolving carbines that were discontinued several years ago. Neat peice but one thing you have to remember about any revolving carbine is that the noise level is going to be a lot higher due to the cylinder gap. When you fire a revolver held at arms length, that's one thing but when you add a stock to it and bring it up, the gap is a lot closer to your head so eye and ear protection are mandatory, no exception here! Another thing is again due to the cylinder gap is you have to hold it in an unconventional manner. Instead of having you weak hand out forward on the barrel where a handguard would normally be, you want to keep it wrapped around your strong hand and behind the cylinder gap again to keep the blast from hitting your wrist.

MeekAndMild

Another thing is again due to the cylinder gap is you have to hold it in an unconventional manner. Instead of having you weak hand out forward on the barrel where a handguard would normally be, you want to keep it wrapped around your strong hand and behind the cylinder gap again to keep the blast from hitting your wrist.

I'd wondered how to cope with the sideflash from the cylinder/barrel gap? I would have supposed you just carried a big jar of burn ointment to the range?

Crosshair

I'd wondered how to cope with the sideflash from the cylinder/barrel gap? I would have supposed you just carried a big jar of burn ointment to the range?
I've handled one of those BP cavalry carbines at the local store, they are surprisingly well balanced. You don't need to hold it in front of the cylinder. You could probably fire it one handed easily enough.