Revolver finish

Ryu825

Polished stainless would be nice on any revolver but a gold sw500 would be like a gold desert eagle.. Completely BADASS!!! Think I'll go look one up now and stare at it for 5 min

PointOneSeven

Huge fan of stainless myself. Low maintenance and still looks good after some use.

Not big on gold color... The Desert Eagles came in that flavor for a while as well, and I'd hate to shoot one. A big scratch in a gold finish would bother me.

got a series 70 Colt 45 that is chromed ( or shiny nickel ) that has a big scratch... & it drives me crazy to look at it...

I love my polished stainless Rugers... I think that is one of the most user serviceable finishes they put on guns... even bead blasted / satin finish stainless is tough to match the finish if you have holster wear, or a scratch... with the polished stainless finish, a little Flitz & it's good to go...

alex0535

I think a TiN coated S&W 500 would be way too flashy for my taste. There are varieties of ceramic coating with similar material properties that are a lot more dull in color. The coating itself is a pretty awesome material that is useful for gun parts because of its lubricity, scratch resistance, corrosion resistance. I just don't like the gold color myself.

Now coating one in a similar ceramic coating that was like matte black. I might like that on a .500

stanislav

For me the more flashy the better. I am a little bit extravagant, so it would match my personality I think. With a pair of karl nill wood grips ( I like ivory, but I think it's too fragile in this case ) I am sure I will make my S&W 500 look like this someday.

ScottRiqui

Ttitanium nitride isn't gold. Using a right plating method it shine like 24k gold.

Agreed - it seems to do a good job of mimicking a gold finish (for good or for ill).

l2_pistols_magnum_research_desert_eagle_xix_.50_ae_gold_139128.jpg

Deja vu

I saw a gun the other day with a copper color finish on it. It was a Kimber 1911 at a pawn shop. I am sure it was a custom job because I have never seen a gun like that. It looked like a shinny penny! I loved it!

Dave T

I prefer my stainless guns bead blasted. Don't mind it on a blued gun either. Unlike an earlier poster, I am the opposite of flashy. The beauty of a firearm is in it's design, form and the way it's put together. Not in something as transitory as a shiny or colorful finish.

Dave

jimbucks

Can you imaging Dirty Harry carrying a gold gun? Maybe Angie Dickenson or Charlie's Angels, but not Dirty Harry.

Just my 2 cents.

newfrontier45

I love finely finished blued guns, bright nickel, color case hardening, engraving and carved ivory stocks but gold plating is tacky. Maybe a little gold wire inlay on a heavily engraved gun but no fully plated, otherwise un-embellished guns. Unless you're a foreign dictator or a rapper.