Return shipping from manufacturer question

BrittB

If I send and a firearm to be serviced by the manufacture, Do I have to go through an FFL get it back?

No.

A manufacturer can return a firearm directly to the owner.

That said, IF you have it shipped to the manufacturer rather than you sending it direct, I don't know if the manufacturer must then ship it back to the FFL who shipped it to them. The two instances when I've returned pistols to the manufacturer, I shipped directly to them, and the return came directly to me.

BrittB

I want to send in my H&R 20 gauge in to have a rifled 20 gauge barrel fitted. Maybe also get a 44 magnum barrel done at the same time too but I would hate to have to deal with an FFL just to get it back. I would ship everything but the barrel to them myself.

Lurch37

Everything I've ever shipped back to the Manufacturer has gone directly to them through UPS, and has come back directly to me through UPS. This has included 2 items to Ruger, 2 items to Remington, and 1 item to Springfield. The only thing I would suggest is to get an idea of the date of return to you and make sure to have someone there to sign for it.

johnbt

"if the manufacturer must then ship it back to the FFL who shipped it to them"

Directly to the owner in my experience in Virginia. I love to let the dealer do the shipping.

John

oneounceload

Dealing with a rifle, so USPS can be used by the owner, while the company will most likely use UPS or Fedex.

No need for an FFL on either end unless you have local laws requiring such

BrittB

I bought it new and registered it with H&R so they should have all of my information on record. I will ship it myself. I think I will most likely have it shipped back to my work. They're cool with that sort of stuff.