Retro/Classic Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miami_JBT

I don't know about you folks but I'm a huge retro gamer. Still rock my NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.... I truly believe that there are far more great titles for the older 8 bit and 16 bit systems then on the current stuff. Better quality in gameplay, story, etc... There are a great number of titles out there for the older stuff that even to this day I haven't played all of them. Also the true difference in game design and system performance is shown. Today the PS3 and Xbox 360 all look the same since the majority of big name games are cross platform. But back int he classic days of the 8 bit and 16 bit console wars there were some truly revolutionary and single system titles that weren't on another platform.

At the present moment I am playing my NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD and 32X, Saturn, and PSX. Yeah, I have a Xbox 360 and the eariler 128 bit systems like my Dreamcast, PS2, and the original Xbox. But At about that time I just felt that the level of quality that went into games just took a step backwards. I think the golden age of gaming was during the 8 bit and 16 bit console war era. Nintendo vs Sega, Turbpgrafx and SNK NeoGeo sitting out in the distant outfield but still coming up with great titles. Seeing each company trying to out do each other, etc.... Good days gone bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.