Results, finally...

Smokey Joe

Well, I promised results. Finally got the RPR, in 6.5 Creedmoor, and now finally have begun shooting it. The attached is best group so far.

Attachments

• group.630%22web.jpg
    group.630%22web.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 88

cw308

Nice group, 6.5 CM is my next rifle cal. I shoot 308 renchres only, what other bullet GRS are you trying. A shooting friend gets tight grouped at 200 yards with 120 SMK. What weight is the RPR set at. The most improvement I had in accuracy was when I changed the trigger. Then the right powder & charge , accuracy for me was mid range in loadbook IMR 4064 , bullet 168 gr. SMK with a .002 jam. Always something new to try. I keep my headspace to .001 l removed the ejector to remove any side pressure on the chambered case to see if it makes a difference. Always something to try, to get that one hole 5 shot group at 200 yards. Keep up the good work.

Smokey Joe

Thx!

The group pictured was shot with 130 grain Sierra Tipped Matchkings. Started shooting The Ruger Precision Rifle with 120 grain Amax, the Hornady Match factory load. Have also tried 142 grain SMK's, the hollow-point ones. These last seem like they have potential also.

So now I have 100 Hornady Match cases, and 100 Nosler cases. It's handloading all the way from here on.

That Ruger trigger is supposed to be a target trigger, but it isn't up to those on my benchrest .22 rifles, nor the trigger on my .308 Steyr. The Ruger trigger isn't bad, mind you, it's just not great. Will work on load development first.

cw308

I feel the 6.5 CM is a great round, the next time I change the barrel on my one & only, Rem. 700 its going to come back as a 6.5 CM. Less recoil, better accuracy & at a longer distance hits like a 300 win. mag. What else could you ask for in a round. May have to Chang my cw308 to cw6.5CM. Your rifle will shoot anything you feed it accurately. Have fun with your new rifle. Until cw308 turns into cw6.5CM Be Safe Chris