restrictions...?...

Hardtarget

I'm trying to find out if I can bring home a bayonet for my K-31 if I get to go to Switzerland. Can it be carried in "checked" luggage? Can it,( would it be better), to send it via UPS? Is it better to not try at all?

just curious.

Thanks in advance for any info on this!

Mark.

B. Lahey

I flew back with some knives in my checked luggage the last time I was in europe, didn't have any problems. It used to be ok, anyway, and I bet it still is. Check the regulations yourself to make sure.

raimius

Knives can be checked, according to the TSA. I don't know about Swiss regs. or any place you are going through to get back to the US.

IZinterrogator

Make sure you can own a fixed blade knife of that length at your destination. I took my own bayonet to OIF and the MPs pulling Customs duty wouldn't let me take it home because they said it was illegal in TX due to blade length, where I bought it in the first place. :mad:

armsmaster270

Make sure you can own a fixed blade knife of that length at your destination. I took my own bayonet to OIF and the MPs pulling Customs duty wouldn't let me take it home because they said it was illegal in TX due to blade length, where I bought it in the first place.