Rescued Another Neglected S&W

mk70ss

So it was a rainy day today and I ended up swinging by my local pawn shop. In one of the gun cases was this S&W Model 10. It was dirty and had several small rust spots on the frame, likely from sitting in a holster from years. It looked like it had not been sot much though. The shop had a $350.00 price tag on it. I offered them $250.00 due to the rust, and it was filthy, and the grips had some scratches on them. The clerk accepted and I took it home. Once cleaned up, it looks pretty nice for a shooter.

ZM6kyOQm.jpg

mEwJqiUm.jpg

ThomasT

I wish I could find a nice model 10 skinny barrel for $250. One of the best all around guns you can own.

shurshot

Very nice deal. Those old model 10 S&W's are indeed Special. Super accurate too. Very Few four legged critters in North America that can't be dropped with a .38 between the eyes.

dyl

jglsprings, did you get that hot blued or is that cold blue? Because MAN I wish cold blue could do that.

Hdonly

Mine bought years ago for $125. Barrel was shot. Cylinder has been replaced. Pawl was busted. I replaced the barrel with a cheap .38 S&W barrel. Although the .38 S&W is a slightly larger bore, it still shoots .38 Special very well. Not worth much but a darn good shooter.
attachment.php

mk70ss

I appreciate that a lot. All mine are shooters, I dont have a safe queen. Even the vintage 1970 mint Python gets shot.