resale value?

jmstr

I just got my first 1911 and it fits my hand better than any of my other pistols, except my Kahr k9. I want to get another one, but money is not flowing readily, so I think I need to sell one of my existing pistols to do so. This is what prompted this thread. Please, give me constructive ideas and don't just rag because it is a S&W pistol.

I have a S&W model 410 [40cal, 10 shot] 3rd generation pistol, with four magazines, a recoil reducing guide rod, wolf hammer spring kit, both the straight and curved S&W grips and two Pachmyr signature series rubber grips for it. It has less than 1000 rounds through it and is in good shape. What would it be worth [with all of these extras]? Thanks!

jason

MiniZ

I imagine alot of it depends on the gun market in your area. The 410 was S&W's economy model. You have great accessories, but it is still a 410. Probably a $300.00 gun around here, but as stated previously, someone probably would pay upwards of $400.00 if you have the patience.

Zane

slickpuppy

From BlueBook of Gun Values 22nd Edition by Fjestad:

Model 410:

MSRP: $591
100% $460
98% $330
95% $250
90% $225
80% $195
70% $175
60% $165

Unless you sell on consignment or privately sell(if legal where you live) expect to get reamed by the shop that takes a trade in.

Expect to part out your Extras and hope that someone will buy. They won't/don't usually command a premium when installed on the gun or when they come with a gun.