requesting opinions on handgun safes

chopz

i was looking at these at bud's website:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/732

i was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of them. i'd be interested in one with a programmable electronic combination lock. i don't have a safe in the house at present but i figure it would be nice to have easier access than what i have now (hunting through my keys and unlocking a padlock). any ideas would be appreciated.

revance

The GunGuard safes don't have many combinations because you can only press one button at a time. The GunGuard safes have 5,440 possible combinations and you only have to try 4,096 to get it open. For about the same price you can get a GunVault which has 12,204,000 combinations (which would take 11,390,625 guesses to crack) because you can press any combination of buttons. The GunVaults also have a lot of nice extra features.

I know nobody is actually going to go through all 4000 combinations to crack your safe, but when it comes to some kid possibly playing with it, I like the 1:11M odds better than the 1:4k odds. I know it is probably silly, but they are the same price... so I can be silly.

Being able to press more than one at a time also means you can have numeric combinations and do birthdays and such.

Don P

Safes

I recomend you contact this forum member, A1abdj
E-mail Address(es):
a1abdj@aol.com
I purchased a safe from him. With shipping it was cheaper and a better quality than I could buy here localy. He'll set you straight as far as brand, quality, and what fits your needs:cool:

HowardCohodas

LSideView1911.jpg

I have several. Use in my home office, my automobile and when flying.