Republic Arms .45 inquiry

Sarge

Has anybody here owned or shot a Republic Arms .45? If so I'd like your opinion, whatever it may be. These have been tempting me for a while and I really need a little input from folks who have experience with 'em.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Drakejake

I own a Patriot and shot it again recently. From my own experience and from what I have read, this is a well-built pistol and a real value at $200-225, if you can find one. I consider the Patriot very similar to a Kel-Tec .45, if KT made a .45. It is very compact and weighs only 20 oz empty. The mag is made by Pro Mag and holds six rounds. Pro Mag is not a quality manufacturer, although my three Patriot mags have performed OK. I just ordered three 6 rd Colt Officer's Model mags made by Mec-Gar. These are supposed to work well in the Patriot. If they work, I would consider them to be an upgrade from the standard mag.

This is a double action only pistol. The trigger pull is long, tough, and spongy IMO. I have difficulty shooting DAOs accurately, but I think the Patriot would be OK for close work. But the Patriot will go into a large pocket and fits great in one of the plastic Fobus holsters made for Glocks.

The Patriot frame is polymer with a stainless slide. The slide can be obtained with a black finish. Republic Arms (Davis Industries) sold the Patriot to Cobra Arms, which will be making them from now on.

The pistol is rarely seen in gun shops and at gun shows, but can be ordered from wholesalers.

Drakejake