Replacing a Confiscated Bull Dog

m&p45acp10+1

Last year I stumbled into a great deal on a very lightly used Charter Arms Bull Dog at the range. I had been shooting it for quite a while. Then my wonderful wife was at the range with me one day. After shooting a few cylinders out of it she confiscated it. She carries it now. She shoots it well, and she can go though a box of ammo at the range without a problem so it is now hers.

Yesterday I was in the LGS I like going in this time of the year. Lots of great consignment deals in the case if you are there to see it in the case. The great deals go fast. Well I saw a stainless Ruger Black Hawk hit the case with a nice price. Manager tells me the story behind it. Guy bought it there a year or two ago. In fact had them special order it. Bought one box of ammo for it. Took it to the range. Shot the box of ammo. Put it away, and when he started looking for ammo saw how much the ammo cost. He put it away, and bought a .357Mag/9mm convertible. Well he found himself short of funds for Christmas money so he put it in consignment with a sell it quick price. I bought it needless to say. I will not gloat on the price, and I know I did not take the guy for a ride. He said what he wanted, the store put it out with that price plus the consignment fee. I paid it. I will say it was less than $500. It has the original case, all the stuff is still in it. In fact the factory oiled paper for the gun is still in it as well.:eek:

m&p45acp10+1

It is a .44 Special. It is a limited edition of some sort. The grip of it is larger than the grip on my .41 Mag. Black Hawk. I dug out the old factory grips for the .41 Mag. today before I gave them to a friend of mine wanting to return factory grips to one he just bought. I have not had the chance to shoot it yet. That may not happen till Wed.

gbran

Just saw a very nice blue consignment Blackhawk 357 yesterday. I thought it was too pricey at $650. Your stainless ought to be easily north of $600.

44 AMP

Staff
Your wife makes you a pillow with the outline of a magnum pistol pointed at your head, and you still sleep well. That is TRUST!!:D:D

While I have never been a .44Spl fan, that is a nice Blackhawk.

shootniron

Nice little gun...you made a great choice and if you liked the Bulldog...you will LOVE that flattop.

I have several as I have shot most all of the bigbore cartridges and have sold them all now, except for the 44's...and I love the 44 Special as it will do everything that I need to do with a handgun (deer, hog or black bear) and I love the smaller gun it comes in. As I said, I have several Rugers in 44 Special, including a New Vaquero Sheriff in 44 Special...but my favorite Specials are the SAA clones...and they will also do all that I need to do with a handgun.

kcub

I'm confused. I thought at first you bought a 357/9mm convertible. Then you bought a 44 special?

357 is better anyway.

m&p45acp10+1

KC I bougt the .44 Special. I would not have done the .357 convertible as I have several .38Spcl and .357 Mag. revolvers, as well as a few 9mm pistols.

However the previous owner only fired one 20 round box of ammo out of it. Later when he realized the cost of factory ammo he bought a convertible so he could afford to shoot more. The store manger tried to sell him on hand loading. He would have none of it. So it was good for me deal.

Last edited: