Replacement stock for Mauser .22

Geezerbiker

I have what appears to be a very early ES340 but I'm not sure since besides the serial number the only markings are Mauser, Obendorf and .22 Long rifle cartridge (in German.)

Anyway the only place that offers replacement stocks is gunville.com. Anyone here know more about early .22 rim-fire Mausers or done business with gunville.com and can offer some useful opinions?

In this case Google has not been my friend since I'm not sure about the model number...

Tony

Do you have the old stock? that can be used as a pattern for rough cutting out the new stock.

If not, you can take a stock making class and make your own.

Geezerbiker

The old stock is cracked through the pistol grip and someone a very long time ago put 2 brass wood screws in to hold it together.

I love the idea of taking a class to learn how to make stocks but I've never heard of anything like that in Western Oregon...

Tony

Scorch

I use Gunville as a source for stocks, have for years. They use good quality wood and their patterns are good. But it might make sense to send the rifle to them to make sure the stock fits the action.

Geezerbiker

I'll talk to them more when I get closer to working on this rifle. I have a few other projects ahead of it in line...

Tony