Renegade Ankle Holster Question

branrot

I just got my Renegade ankle holster in the mail, but it's too big for my ankle. It seems to have 3 panels of velcro, and I'd like to cut one or two off to make it fit better. My question is if it is designed to do this, or if I need to take it to a tailor to sew up the end so it won't come undone. Thanks.

I use a renegade and have it here in front of me.....You can probably have a shoe maker cut one panel and sew it up so the end doesn't fray....but just do one and see how it is...if you do two then you may not be able to wear it over a boot (which is how I wear mine quite often)..

Penman

You can also get stuff at fabric stores, that will coat the edge and seal it to keep it from unraveling. Don't recall the name right now, try calling and checking on what they would recommend.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

I've used the fabric anti-fray adhesive, and have found it not to be durable at all. Why not give Renegade a call? Maybe they will modify it for you. You must have itty bitty legs :) ; I'm skinny and mine fits fine, allthough there is more overlap than necessary, it still all gets velcroed down securely.

branrot

It works, but the velcro runs over where the lambskin is. I'm sure it would be more comfortable if it didn't.