Remy 700 mag kits

BoogieMan

I ordered a detachable mag for my 700adl 30-06 from Pacific Tool. A week later they were kind enough to let me know that its a 4-8 week leed time. I attempted to change over to one of the other kits they offer thinking that it may be in stock. The people they have answering the phones are less than competent. After 30 mins or so I told them to just cancel my order. What a waste.
So that leaves me looking for a mag kit. I am thinking the Wyatt system. http://wyattsoutdoor.com/product_in...id/61/osCsid/7996cdf056446980d6aa290e0bc353c8
I would like to know if anyone has used that system or would recomend another system that they feel works well for a long action. I dont want to use any of the plastic bottoms on the market.

hoghunting

Just installed a Wyatt Rem 700 SA in a friend's .308 and it works very well. Was easy to install, make sure the mag well and action aren't touching or you will need to shim the trigger guard.

math teacher

Tangolima,

The Kwik Klip you passed up I have been using for over twenty years. It works great and drops right into most BDLs. I did have to put a couple stainless washers under it for one stock to bring it flush with the stock and to clear the bolt. It works equally well with either a right hand or left hand action. An extended magazine is also available. It will work with almost any standard length cartridge.

tangolima

Good to know. Thanks.

I have a bdl in 30-06 with floor plate. Some 5 years ago, I almost got bitten by the "tactical" bug, although I had been always rational. I dreamed of a band of Talibans were closing in on my position. I would need to put in magazine after magazine and keep firing rapidly till all of them rag heads were sent to their promised virgins. It was when I almost ordered the quik klip.

I woke up quick enough. I realized I was no Marine sniper and I actually hated magazine hanging down my rifle. My rifle was just a regular hunting rifle, and I didn't even hunt. I just poked holes in a paper "terrorist" who never took cover nor returned fire. I didn't need the conversion kit.

But the idea had burnt in my mind. I needed something that would further convince myself. I found it. The trigger guard was made of aluminum!

I almost forgot about the whole affair, till I read this thread...

-TL

Just looked at a couple conversion kits at Brownells. Exposed clip release's were a bit troubling to see. I very much like your choice of product. Sturdy & well designed Wyatt's appear.

math teacher

Tangolima,

Today's guns are full of plastic parts and you have trouble with aluminum? My hunting partner and I have over 40 years of combined experience with the Kwik Klip and have had no trouble with the strength of the trigger guard assembly. We did have a problem once with the follower spring of one magazine. The magazines used to be all steel, but now the followers are plastic. My partner and I prefer to hunt moose with our 7mm mags rather than our 338s because the former have detachable magazines and the latter don't.

I agree with you however that if you don't hunt there is little need for a detachable magazine unless you are attacked by zombies. The main advantage is being able to have a loaded magazine in the rifle in a couple seconds when necessary.

tangolima

I don't have problem with aluminum per se. I own pistols with aluminum frames. It was more like an excuse not to spend money on a magazine conversion kit, as I wanted it to be steel.

Good to know it works well for you, really. I have never heard of any comments from a real user.

-TL

WWWJD

FWIW; I 2nd the CDI bottom metal with the AI mags. It's good hardware, and good folks on the other end of the phone. I sent them a B&C medalist stock for inletting; had it back in 2 weeks.

Edit: And apparently now, they're offering FREE inletting. http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/

Last edited: