Removing Copper?

Demaiter

I've only ever cleaned my rifle barrels with a bore snake and Shooterschoice MC #7 Bore Cleaner and Conditioner as seen in this link

http://www.shooters-choice.com/mc7.html

My question is, how many of you use the foam stuff and other copper specific solvents? Why? After how many shots? How many shots does it take to get a large amount of copper fowling etc - the only negative thing about fowling is reduced accuracy?

Your experiences will be appreciated. Thanks.

The reason I've asked is that I've heard/read about letting guns sit for a few hours or what not to soak to remove copper and I've never done this.

Bolosniper

We have used everything on the market to QUICKLY remove copper fouling in a bore and have found KG12 Big Bore Cleaner from KG Industries to be the most effective. We also use KG1 Carbon Remover. We use bronze brushes and a one piece coated stainless steel rod and a borescope to confirm that the bore is totally free of any carbon or copper deposits. There are less man hours spent cleaning a bore using these products, and because the copper cleaner isn't ammonia based, no chance of bore damage if left in too long. It is a water based, and formulated to etch copper only and does it faster and deeper than any product that I'm aware of.

Bolosniper

Don't mean to sound like I'm argumentative. There are more than enough of those on these forums, but we have used 7.62, CR10, etc, etc, etc.

There was lab testing done pitting this product against every other copper remover on the market. Copper solid bullets were totally immersed in the solutions for 24 hours as I remember, and then removed and weighed to measure the amount of copper removed from the bullet. The KG12 dramatically removed more copper from the bullet than the other products. Something to the tune of 4,000% more if my memory isn't playing tricks on me.

We spend much less time cleaning the fouling from a bore with this product than we ever have before, and we do this for a living. The faster and better that we can accomplish a job, the better