Removing BHP magazine safety?

Can anybody tell me how hard it is to remove a magazine safety on a Browning High-Power?

I saw a post here on another thread that it can be done in ten minutes.

If this is true, is it easy enough to do yourself?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Steve.

VonFatman

Remember, you did not remove the the SAFETY...you removed the magazine release. No one would ever remove a safety device on any gun...right?

nwgunman

I yanked them from both my HiPowers. It's fairly easy. Actually, I don't mind a magazine disconnect IF it doesn't hang the mag up from falling free. Something about being able to disable the gun if it's getting away from me in a "gun grab" situation. Oh well....Stay safe.

Redlg155

One small hint...make sure you have the correct punch before starting your job as well as something stable to hold your weapon. Either a padded vise or a good gun mat. The last thing you want to do is to mar your weapon by a slip or wrong size punch.

The directions on the site are pretty good with only one small point left out in the instructions..the instructions state...

Now there is a tiny pin at the rear of the trigger that holds the safety plunger and spring in. Drive this pin out, then remove the safety and plunger, then (optional) reinstall pin.

The second sentence should read, "Drive this pin out, then remove the safety plunger and spring, then (optional) reinstall pin."

I think you will be pleased with the results. My magazines dropped free, even when empty, and the trigger pull felt much better.

Good Shooting
RED