Remington VSSF-P .308

Chaparral

Recently purchased this rifle. Did not know much about it then and still have not found a whole lot on it. I understand they only made them 2 years. Just wondering if anyone had any information or has owned one. Have not fired yet. Looking to see how the ported barrel effects recoil. Thanks.

Chaparral

Well no response yet....... must be a rare rifle. I did read an article I found where it mentioned there were less than 500 of them made in those two years of manufacturing.

std7mag

Don't know anything about it.
Course it would help to know what Remington designates the letters for.
Aka Savage 110FP
110= long action
F = synthetic stock
P= Police

mikejonestkd

I have two of the original VSSF rifles, both date from the late 1990s if I recall correctly. one is in 22-250 and the other is in .308. I think they have the B&C stocks, which are way better than the ones that they put on the VSSF-II ones from the mid 2000s.
The 22-250 consistently put 5 shots into .6" which is more than good enough for me. A good day can result in several .5" groups. The .308 shoots about .8" which is wonderful for a factory rifle.

enjoy the VSSF, they are among some of the best from the production side of the remington plant.

joed

As mikejonestkd has posted these were a premium rifle by Remington with a nice after market stock and fluted barrels. They were not cheap, I know because I was looking for one a few years ago.

Can't remember if the stocks were B&C or H&S, but I am not a fan of any Remington stock as they usually need work to shoot decent groups. Not so with B&C or H&S.