Remington v3

oldshotty

I have several thousands rounds through both a walnut and synthetic model with no FTF or FTE, they are good guns and can run long and dirty between cleanings if that's your thing.

mdThanatos

I literally came here to do some more research on this model myself. Planning on ordering one in just a few minutes based on everything I have read.

Virginian

I do not have one but if I were going to buy a new semi auto that or the Fabarm is the one I would get. I have not witnessed any issues with quite a few of these, and with any 'new to the owner' semi auto shotguns issues are fairly common.

reynolds357

Both inertia and gas have their merits. In terms of absolute reliability, inertia is the clear winner. Gas usually wins the shootability category.

Virginian

Based on issues with inertia guns I have personally observed I disagree with your absolute reliability assessment.

reynolds357

The only inertia guns I have seen are Benelli and Franchi. I have never seen a non shooter caused issue with either.
When you get into low end inertia guns, I have no idea what problems might arise.

reynolds357

V3 is awesome. Fast, no recoil. My 8 year old shot half box handicap trap shells and kept saying it does not kick as much as his 20 ga.

reynolds357

Range report. It runs anything you feed it. It is as good an automatic sporting clays gun as any I have shot. It is fast. You can easily put all 4 spent shells in the air at the same time. Recoil is almost non existent.

mdThanatos

I agree with your findings. I just tried mine out yesterday and did a side by side with a Mossberg 930. They both fed any loads I shot but the recoil was noticeably less with the Remington. I used loads from 1145 fps to 1300 fps, 1oz, 1-1/8oz, and 1-1/4oz loads.