Remington UMC 115

Bentonville

I went into Dunham's Sports today and found a lot of Remington UMC jacketed ammo for 12.99 a box. I bought some and was thinking of going back for more. Is this decent stuff and a decent price?

Slimjim9

I've heard some say it is "dirty" but I've had good luck with it in my Glock 19. About 400 rounds at the range with no issues. Unlike 50 rds of Blazer Brass that had at least 10 FTFs. Going rate here is $73-75/250, $13/50 would be $65/250 - sounds like a dang good price to me.

Edit: Oh, I assume you're talking 9mm

JohnKSa

Administrator
Decent practice ammo. I've shot a lot of it and can't recall any problems with it. $26 cents a round is a pretty decent price for 9mm practice ammo in box quantities.

amd6547

I bought a 100rd box of UMC 115jhp at Walmart for 26.99. Put it through a used 1997 Taurus PT92 I just got, on it's first range trip.
It shot very well in that gun. Good accuracy, no function issues. Dirty?, not that I recall...gun wasn't very dirty at all.
Liked it enough that I bought another box.

Bentonville

Naw. The rounds were all packed neatly in boxes that held fifty bullets each. In fact I carried them out in two plastic bags from the store.

Slimjim9

I think you missed @shoot's joke. You said 500 hundred. That would be 50,000 rounds. Might have taken more than two bags. :rolleyes:

Hey @shoot, there's nothing like a good joke. And that was nothing like a good joke. :D ba doomp bop. I'm here all week. :p

Bentonville

Lol. I get it now. I really said 500 rounds in my post and not 500 boxes but I understand what he thought now. Still not a bad price. In fact i had purchased some targets and a pocket holster but they had not charged me for the holster . I drove back to town to make it right and they marked the ammo down another dollar to be nice. Can't wait to shoot it through my VP9.

Bentonville

I just got in from firing 100 rounds of Remington UMC 115 gr. ammo. I did not notice it being any dirtier than the hundreds of rounds of Blazer Brass or Federal Champion I have fired in recent months. However, I did have one round that refused to chamber. My HK VP9 was clean and the round was in the second mag. fired today. I reloaded the round putting it number three in the magazine a second time and it did not allow the slide to fully close a second time. I put it aside. I am not saying Rem. UMC is bad stuff, only that I had one round apparently out of spec. I have not had that problem with the aforementioned ammo or Fiocchi or S&B. I will continue to use what I have purchased. I just wanted to report on my experience.

jreXD9

Fiocchi and S&B are my favorites and when I can get free shipping at Sportsman's Guide I usually jump on it. Now I need some .45 ammo.

Bentonville

I and my wife have gone through another two hundred fifty rounds this week and except for the one out-of-spec round from the first box, I have had no other problems. I don't really feel that good about even one bad round due to quality control but for plinking, it's acceptable, I guess. I appreciate all the posts.

Skeets

Member in memoriam
I too like and use quite a bit of UMC.No issues,always bright and shiny.More than I can say for WWB! :D