Remington supercell pad?

bhcarl

I am wanting to get one of these to put on a 1970 wingmaster, I would like to know how close to a perfect fit it would be? If anyone has done this let me know, thanks

Virginian

I have never seen any pad that was exact fit on a wood stocked Remington, except for a couple of laminated stock versions. This includes factory "spare part" recoil pads. You can measure your wood and compare to the specs and get close, but not perfect.

Jay24bal

They can be ground to fit so close enough can be made right

If the pad is bigger than the stock it can, if not I for one am not a fan of sanding a stock to match a recoil pad.

I have never seen any pad that was exact fit on a wood stocked Remington

My experience recently echoes this. I put a Supercell on my recently made (2010) 870 Express, and the stock is slightly wider than the recoil pad. I returned it to Remington and they sent me another one, same problem. I left the second one on as the gun is my slug gun for deer and it takes a pretty good beating and I do not need it to be "pretty," just functional.

That said, I love the pad itself. It does a great job softening high power 12 gauge sabots.

Karrill

Ive got an 870P that had the supercell installed from the factory on a walnut (not laminated, solid walnut) stock. The fit is "almost" perfect, the stock fits completely flush on the bottom, and is larger than the pad by about ~1mm on the top curve. It looks great, but I do not know how much if any fitting was done at the factory, but being a police magnum in walnut, i wouldnt have paid for it had the fit not been really really good.

FWIW, the fit on the pad is actually a little tighter than the fit on the receiver, which is still very good IMO :cool:

Attachments

• 20140716_223319 (1024x576).jpg
    20140716_223319 (1024x576).jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20140716_223147 (800x450).jpg
    20140716_223147 (800x450).jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 21

bhcarl

I got the supercell pad today. The fit was as good as the original pad, perfect fit in my opinion, well pleased.

Karrill

excellent, glad it worked out for you. FWIW, youre going to like the supercell a lot. It really works well, makes perceived recoil seem less than any 12gauge Ive shot with a different pad... the right balance of form-fitting to your shoulder and still being rigid enough to lessen the blow.