Remington R15 scope mount question

dw

My dad is getting a Remington R15 and a NIKON COYOTE SPECIAL 4.5-14X40 RIFLE-SCOPE. Does anyone else have this set up? I am going to buy him the nikon mounts that are max1 and just wondered what heighth i would need for this set up. thanks
DW

HiBC

Try going to the Rock River web site and looking at their AR ringmounts.They are good quality,the right height,and made for flat top AR's.They are also very reasonably priced.

Mobuck

I need to use see-through rings to get the scope to meet my eye properly. I can get by with regular extra high rings but it requires me to crunch my cheek excessively to get eye to scope alignment. The other alternative is using risers which are fairly expensive.

SSA

Talk him into a black scope and get him a Burris PEPR mount.

Otherwise Remington camo risers and the Nikon camo rings. With the risers, either medium or high should work.

HiBC

I have bought 2 of the Burris PEPR ringmounts and 2 of the Rock Rivers.Handsdown,the RR is abetter product.I also like their fwd cantilever with a collapsible stock.

dw

Why do you feel the RR is better then the Burris? I am also buying a mount for my duty rifle and was going to get a pepr.

Anyway on dads he really wants it all to the be the same camo so i guess i could send it out to be dipped.

SSA

Nikon makes their 223 mount with the same camo as the scope, if you don't mind a 20 degree incline.