Remington Nylon 66 part

erob3

Hey all,

My father has a Remington Nylon 66 bolt action, it is in great shape except for one thing, at some point in the past someone put a scope on it which is now removed. When they did that they remove the rear sight. Can anyone point in a direction to find one of these? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dfariswheel

Remington Nylon 66 bolt action

There is no Nylon 66 bolt action rifle.
There's a semi-auto Nylon 66 .22 is that what you meant?
The Remington Nylon .22 rifles that used nylon stocks were pretty standard .22 Remington rifles that used the same sights as the wood stocked versions.

If you need a Nylon 66 semi auto sight, rear sights are very difficult to find. The sight was riveted to the "receiver" cover. Both sights and receivers with the sight are rarely seen.

You might contact Jack First and ask:

http://www.jackfirstgun.com/

Gun Parts is out, and while I doubt they have any, you might contact Remington and ask.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Assuming the rifle is not a Nylon 66 but one of the other Nylon stocked rifles (Nylon 11, Nylon 12, etc.), the rear sight attaches to the barrel. Check the hole spacing. If it is under an inch, the sight is probably the simple spring steel type with an elevator and no windage adjustment. If the spacing is wider, it is probably the sight that was put on with the "ray gun" front sight. Those are more elaborate and Gun Parts lists them at around $35.

Jim

erob3

Thanks for the correction Dfariswheel, you are absolutely correct. He has a Nylon 11. I'm sure this changes things. I have checked ebay and found a rear sight that is listed to go on a Model 512, however, it looks just like the one that goes on a Nylon 11. Would the rear sight of the 512 fit the Nylon 11? Also, thanks for the website. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

James K

Member In Memoriam
The 500 series bolt actions used a simple spring steel rear sight with an elevator, and a dovetail front sight. When they introduced the Nylon series, they went to an elaborate rear with windage adjustment and a wheel type elevation adjustment in the rear and a swept back "ray gun" front sight in order to give whole of the "nylon" series the same futuristic look as the Nylon 66. It is those latter sights that SHOULD be on the Nylon 11.

Jim

PetahW

This is a nylon rifle rear sight (they're identical for all models):

DSC04792.jpg