Remington Model 700 Bull Barrel

Barn Dog

Got a friend who needs to sell a Remington model 700 rifle with a bull barrel - 300 win mag, matt finish synthetic/composite stock with a set of rings on it - no scope. I don't have a clue on bolt action rifles and am just trying to help him out. The rifle is in like new condition (about 200 rounds through it) and thats all the info I have right now. Is $400 too high or too low for something like this? Any help is appreciated.

Rob01

If it's a Sendero, which I think it might be, and it's in like new, I would ask about $550 and work down from there if someone makes an offer. New they are about $650. That's about the only 300WM Remington that would have a heavy barrel except for a 40X and that would be a little more than $400 or $650 for that matter. If he's not sure have him go to a local shop he can trust and ask them what it's worth. They might even take it in trade if he wants another rifle or pistol.

Commander Fan

Sound like a fair price if your looking for a synthetic-stocked Magnum.

I really don't care for Mag calibers myself. I have a 10yr old blued/wood stocked M700 bull-barrel in .308. It was all I used for many years before going to ultra-light rifles.

You need to think about the shooting you will be doing. I'm sure that thing has the 26" pipe and the magnum-length action. It may be uncomfortable carrying around the woods. Mine was

You will also grow tired of the recoil during bench shooting.

If it was on your 'to get' list before, I would buy it. I wouldn't just buy it because it became available.

GoodLuck

Rob01

I didn't even mention the 700P because I figured if it was one then he would be asking more for it than $400. $400 is more the price of a Sendero that's looking to be moved.