Remington Model 7

HankL

Josh, There are some post here on the mod. 7.
I really like the one I have in 7mm-08. Give it a search, I think that you will find plenty of information.
Hank

Cheesehead

Josh,

We bought one for my sister 1 1/2 years ago. She likes it and I think it is a real light and handy rifle.

I do have two concerns about it though.
First, the bolt fits rather loosely in the action when the action is fully open. This has caused us both to bind up the bolt if we have too much upward pressure on the bolt knob when closing. If you make sure you operate the bolt with forward and downward pressure it's ok. But you know how it is when the adrenaline is flowing. I am going to be sending a letter to Remington asking about this to see if they have done something to reduce the possibility of binding. If you can get your hands on one try operating the bolt fast. Maybe Remington has already tightened the action up.

Second, she has a scope mounted on it using "see-through" sites. When I work the action my thumb hand (which is wrapped around the bolt handle due to the first problem) hits the scope. Her's does not as she has smaller hands than mine.

It really is a cool rifle. If it were mine I'd go with open sights and use it as a brush gun. I hope Remington has done something to tighten up the action though.