Remington Mod 12 Part----Help!!!!

JK

I am trying to find a "Cartridge Retainer" for a Rem Mod 12 .22 Short. The cartridge retainer for the 22 short is differant than the the standard one that fits the 22LR/Short Model. I have tried the big parts houses and several specialized parts houses with no luck. Does anyone know of a source for one or dimensions for the .22 short part. Thanks in advance- John K.

------------------
Fight Crime-Shoot Back

George Stringer

Staff Alumnus
John, do you still have the original or the pieces? The reason I ask is that I just had a thought and looked in some parts drawings. I have a drawing of the retainer but it isn't specified as to whether it's LR or Short. There is a note underneath that it is a composite (average dimensions)of many parts because there are at least 5 different ones and it goes on to say that it will fit 95% of the rifles as is and can be fitted to the other 5% by filing the bottom. Do you have any idea of the dimensions on the part you need? If so maybe this one could be modified. George

Jon K

George, I do not have the original part. I contacted the person who did the drawings on the hard to find gun parts book and the drawing is the .22LR/short part. I have that part and if I have no luck in finding the original may try to modify it. The bolt assembly on the .22 short model is differant than the regular model, so it may take some time to get it right. Thanks for the help, let me know if you have any luck finding the part. John K
P.S. It was nice talking with you the other day

------------------
NRA MEMBER? GREAT, NOW JOIN GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA