Remington Managed Recoil Accuracy?

ZeroJunk

I bought a box of the Remington managed recoil ammo in 300 Win mag.I will use them to get the scope set on a rifle I just put the mounts on tonight.If they shoot good I may deer hunt with it.Shaking the case it sounds only about half full.My experience with light loads in magnum cases is that they group poorly.Has anybody gotten good groups with these?If not,I'll post my results in a few days in case anybody is interested.

wolverine350

I am shooting the managed recoil in my 270 and they shoot very well, on par with the 130 grain power point winchester, the managed recoil is 115 grain, Remington says there is no scope readjusting needed and they shoot with the standard loads. let me know how they work for you :D

ZeroJunk

OK I answered my own question.The reduced recoil 300 Win mag ammo shoots fine.I have attached a picture of a 100 yard group and the rifle.It's a pushfeed model 70 that I bought on Gunbroker for $350.I traded an old muzzle loader for the 3X9 Prostaff.The trigger is in desparate need of some work ,but I wanted to see if it would shoot straight before I spent any money on it.Two or three little creeps before it goes off is just aggravating off a rest, but it can make you miss in a hunting situation.Even these reduced recoil loads will make your shoulder hurt pretty quick with a short sleeve knit shirt.Pardon my high tech target.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 56

ZeroJunk

Remington has the ballistics on their website.The difference less than an inch at 150 yards and about 3 inches at 200.I think on shots further than that I would rather use the full strength medicine.

Wolverine,I was surprised how well they shot.It will make a great deer round and if you want to go after an elk or bear,just load or buy some full power rounds.