Remington International (Spartan) single shot rifle question

XLT

I am thinking of getting one of these, in 30.06 from Bud's gun shop. I noticed it has an 11mm dovetail rail for scope mounting which seems kind of pansy to me for that caliber.

Does anyone have one that could tell me if it is just a matter of unscrewing a couple of screws and replacing the mount to a Weaver style?

Or anyone used any of the dovetail to Weaver adapters I've seen around?

Thanks in advance for any help.

XLT

roc1

I just purchased a 308 in this rifle from Buds and a friend of mine got the 308 and 06. I used the Millet 3/8 rings and they worked fine on his 06. We shot it last weekend no problems. I just got mine yesterday so have not shot it yet. great guns for the money. I may get another one later.
roc1

bigwrench

dove tail mounts

Have you looked at the tikka "opti lock" mounts for dove tails, as used on the t3, might work on the spartan as well.:cool:

roc1

Kwells6 I have not shot mine yet but my buddies shot fairly well. He had a good cluster together at 50yds. I really believe with the right loads it will shoot as good as most bolt guns no problem. I did not shoot it but once but was impressed how little it kicked for an 06. Budsguns.com has the gun in stock or your dealer can get it. I am very impressed by this rifle I might get a couple more after first of year. Dollar for dollar it can not be beat. I have always been a bolt man but this little gun really made an impression on me for what its worth.
Good Luck and Merry Christmas
roc1