Remington Firearms Moving to Georgia

zoomie

That's pretty exciting. LaGrange could use a win, too. Maybe it'll offset the Hollywood influx.

eflyguy

Wish they'd go a bit further west to AL. They'd still have access to the same workers.

The last thing GA needs is more publicity to further motivate those who've moved here (from 2A-unfriendly states) and are now trying to flip it.

44 AMP

Staff
We have a similar problem in the Pacific NW. The metro areas are long lost, but the rural areas still face an influx of people who left CA and are now working to turn WA and OR into the crap (they say) they left CA to get away from.

I call them locusts. Because they act like them. Destroy the good stull (eat all the food) then move to another place and do it all over again.

Doc Intrepid

I think the Remington move to GA is a win for the state - but harbor the same reservations. The Atlanta area is already a pretty deep blue metropolitan area, and while the rest of the state remains center right as we've discovered in Colorado and the PNW one giant deep blue megalopolis can determine reality for the entire rest of the state. Georgia will face this as well. The eastern half of Washington is inundated with California license plates, and as 44 AMP observed it likely won't be many years before this level of relocation will change the political landscape in this part of the state also.

Lima Oscar 7

You knew this was going to happen. I just wish it would have happened in a more stable location like AL, TN, AR or TX. GA is up in the air.